How is the GAC taught and assessed?
The Global Assessment Certificate™ program includes lectures, seminars, tutorials, group work, class discussion, and presentations. As the language of instruction is English, you will be expected to speak in English at all times in the classroom. Regular assessments, assignments, teacher feedback, and examinations will enable you to demonstrate your knowledge and skills.
The assessments, especially in Level III, are designed to prepare you for the challenges of university study, and include the same kind of assessments you would find at university in the first year:
- role-plays and oral presentations
- written summaries
- critical analysis of written texts
- journals and other documents showing planning, reflection and drafting
- group projects and presentations
- researched essays and reports
- skills tests and course participation grades